"Elixir is one of my favorite bottled coffee drinks! I love the fact that there is no added sugar or any bitter after taste… just a simple and deliciously delicate balance of coffee. It’s silky smooth… and perfect to help you wind down after a big day. A stand out for me is also their A+ customer service. Prompt, efficient and super friendly. If you haven’t already, do yourself a favor and order an Elixir trio today."
- Angelo D. (San Diego, CA)
1. What is Elixir Specialty Coffee? Elixir Specialty Coffee is a unique new coffee brew method available as an elegantly bottled ready to drink coffee beverage. Elixir Specialty Coffee is available for shipping all over the USA. You can learn more about the Elixir Specialty Coffee origin story and its creator here.
2. What are the ingredients of Elixir Specialty Coffee? The ingredients of Elixir Specialty Coffee are filtered Water and carefully selected specialty grade coffee from around the world, roasted specifically for our unique brew method.
3. Are there any allergens in Elixir Specialty Coffee? Elixir Specialty Coffee is VEGAN, with no preservatives, no added flavorings, no added sugars of any kind, or any other nasties like preservatives or flavorings. While there are no peanuts, tree nuts, milk, egg, soy, wheat, shellfish, or fish in the ingredients of Elixir Specialty Coffee, wheat, soy, and nuts may be present in our production facility.
4. How is Elixir Specialty Coffee made? While the brew method of Elixir Specialty Coffee is kept tightly sealed under lock and key, we can confirm that the magic of unicorns may or may not be involved!
5. What are the numbers on the front of the bottle? The numbers handwritten on the front of every one of our glass Elixir Specialty bottles are the number of hours your Elixir Specialty Coffee has been brewed for. For example, if the number 14 is written on the front of the bottle, that means that the Elixir in that bottle was brewed for 14 hours.
6. What is an Elixir Rainbow? An Elixir Rainbow is a cascade of 24 Elixir Specialty Coffee bottles, each brewed for successive hours over 24 hours, i.e. 24 bottles of Elixir from hours 1 through to 24. We call it an Elixir Rainbow because the color spectrum starts (at hour 1) as a very pale yellow and gradually transitions to a dark amber at hour 24. Click here to see some examples of what an Elixir Rainbow looks like. If you'd like to try a sample of an Elixir Rainbow, we recommend purchasing our Elixir Trio.
7. How much caffeine is in Elixir Specialty Coffee? Being a coffee product, it goes without saying that Elixir Specialty Coffee is naturally caffeinated. We have had it tested and while caffeine content varies based on the specific coffee selected, as well as the roast profile, the brew time is what plays the most significant role in determining caffeine content. Generally speaking, the lower brew hours (5-12) have the equivalent caffeine content to a cup of black tea, the middle of the range brew hours (13-16) have about the same caffeine as an espresso-based beverage, and the later brew hours (17-24) have about the same caffeine content as a cup of brewed coffee. All that being said, we continue to hear people describe the caffeine experience from Elixir Specialty Coffee as delivering more brightness and alertness to their day compared to the more aggressive caffeine rushes and coffee crashes of more typical hot and cold coffee beverages. Please remember, this is a guide. The way caffeine interacts with your biochemistry is unique to you.
8. Do the later brew hours taste stronger? Rather than using the word "stronger", it would be more accurate to say Elixir tastes "more complex" as you work your way from the lower brew hours to the later brew hours in the Elixir rainbow. Your ability to access the delicate complexity of each Elixir will depend on your sensory sensitivity.
9. How do you describe the taste of Elixir Specialty Coffee? The three most commonly used words Elixir Specialty Coffee drinkers use to describe Elixir are "unique", "clean" and "Refreshing". Because of its uniqueness, giving you a more concrete description isn't possible. We can't emphasize this enough - it's a completely new flavor experience that you haven't had before if you're trying it for the first time. If you ARE having Elixir for the first time, we recommend that you put aside everything you expect from, and know about, coffee and approach this as though you were trying a completely new beverage. Keep your mind open to the tantalizing relationship between the aroma, flavor, and aftertaste. It may be confusing at first. That's just because your brain hasn't tasted anything like it and it's trying to figure it out.
10. How should I drink my Elixir Specialty Coffee for the first time? Like with all carefully curated flavor experiences, Elixir Specialty Coffee is an experience to be savored rather than passively consumed. The first few times you try Elixir Specialty Coffee, you may want to try it chilled and then warm the glass in your hands to bring it to room temperature. You'll notice that the same Elixir will taste different at different temperatures. This has a lot to do with roast quality. Everyone has a personal preference for the temperature they prefer to drink Elixir and that may change with different brew hours and coffee origins. A quick tip: We recommend you don't add anything to your Elixir (no ice, no milk, no sweetener). You won't need it. Experience the authenticity of the beverage and enjoy it at memorable moments either on your own or with others.
11. Does Elixir Specialty Coffee have any alcohol in it? No! Elixir Specialty Coffee is 100% non-alcoholic and there is nothing in the brew method that could in any way produce alcohol.
12. What's with the "soundwaves" I keep hearing about when I read about Elixir Specialty Coffee? As we mentioned earlier, the brew method for Elixir Specialty Coffee is proprietary so we can't say much, however, the origin story of how Elixir Specialty Coffee was created may give you some background. Details of what music was used to brew your Elixir Specialty Coffee is included when you purchase online.
13. Can I have Elixir Specialty Coffee specially brewed for a private or work event? If you'd like to have a special batch of Elixir Specialty Coffee brewed for your event using specific music, we may be able to accommodate your request depending on our production schedule and your minimum order quantity. Contact us here and if we can make it work, we will be happy to. Our customers mean everything to us.
14. Where can I find the "best before" date of my Elixir Specialty Coffee? You can find the "best before" date of your Elixir Specialty Coffee on the bottom of each bottle.
15. Do you ship worldwide? We currently only ship across the USA via USPS and UPS. Shipping internationally is unfortunately very expensive and therefore prohibitive at this stage. We do not make a profit on any shipping rates.
16. What is an Elixir Dealer? An Elixir Dealer is a stockist of our Ready To Drink RTD specialty beverage, Elixir Specialty Coffee. You can check if there's an Elixir Dealer near you by clicking here.
If you have any further questions and would like to get in contact, please connect with us on our social platforms or via our contact page here.